Everything you need to successfully initiate, manage, and sustain the functionalities of a child care program.
YOUR ULTIMATE GUIDE TO START YOUR CHILD CARE BUSINESS FROM HOME
Everything you need to know to successfully start and build a strong foundation for your child care business.
"FREE" DOWNLOADABLE DAYCARE FORMS
During my first year of business I was so unorganized and my contract was missing so much needed information and some parents took advantage of that. It was a very stressful time until I decided to get organized and treat my business as a business. And here’s my advice to you, be clear when creating your contract and cater it to your needs and expectations. Don’t start something that you are not willing to continue ongoing. For example, your business hours are from 6am to 6pm in your contract, but a parent wants to drop their child off at 5:45am, if this will be a problem in the future don’t do it, but the ultimate choice is yours.
The parent and provider agreement should include:
- Termination Policy
- Payment Rate
- Other Fees
- And much more…….
Click the button below to download a template of the parent and provider contract I currently use and feel free to revise it to make it your own.
An enrollment packet essential to accurate record keeping and other important information. The information that should be included in this packet include:
- Child’s name, DOB, & age.
- Who the child resides with.
- Parent/Guardian name, address, contact information.
- Emergency Contact Information.
- Physician, medical conditions, and insurance information.
- And much more…………
Click the button below to download an enrollment packet. Feel free to use this enrollment packet or use it as a template to create your own.
As a child care provider you always want to be prepared for any situation that may arise to keep children safe from harm. When creating an emergency plan ask yourself “what will I do in case of a fire, loss of electric, loss of water, the death of a child, etc and create a document with your procedures. Include the following in your emergency procedures:
- Bomb Threat
- Chemical or Radiation Exposure
- Dangerous Person
- And much more……
Click the button below to download a sample of an emergency plan template. Feel free to use this template as your own or use it as a guide to create your own document.
A home childcare program can support wellness, health, and development of children by offering nutritious foods. In addition, providers can sign up for a local food sponsor. Through this program you will be reimbursed for money spent on food for the children in your program including your own kids. Contact your local CC&R or visit USDA website to get more information about the food program guidelines.
Things to consider:
- It will put you in a higher income bracket. Depending on the tier you can earn as much as $4.50 per day per child. 6 kids x $4.50 = an estimate of $7020 extra income annually. Don’t let that discourage you because of taxes. Your profit will be higher than the amount of taxes you would have to pay. For example; if you was reimbursed $7,020 minus 24% taxes leaves you with an estimate of $5,335!
- If more income will make you ineligible for government assistant programs or college scholarship grants for your own children you should carefully weigh your decision.
- The food program requires a lot of extra record keeping and unannounced visits from a food program representative.
Use our Weekly Menu Planner Form to plan 4 to 5 weeks and rotate the menus weekly.
Be sure to allow your child care program to prosper by embracing every marketing opportunity and enroll in our Marketing Course!
Sign-up for Attract New Families “Marketing 101” This course focuses on identifying customers in your community, assessing competitors, and marketing methods to generate leads.
Marketing is a great opportunity to connect with the community and build relationships. This is a great opportunity to support families by offering your services.